Majolica Majorca in Singapore at last!

October 25, 2008

This hugely successful brand from Shiseido finally opened here yesterday (Friday, 24 October 2008), a few short weeks after news of its Southeast Asian launch broke out. Situated prominently near the entrance of the newly expanded Ngee Ann City Watsons, the MJ counters – yes, there are two of them – are somewhat small but impressive. There is a display where you will find the MJ lovelies you will take home, as well as lines of product testers. There is also a pretty dresser display with TWO sets of testers, ensuring lots of makeup play and testing before purchase.

I am impressed by the generosity of the testers – most drugstore brands do not afford such luxury. It was a pleasure being there, trying item after item…without the harassment of the SAs. They were non-obstructive and only stopped to make amused remarks about how full of colour my hand and wrist were! :D They were helpful in their recommendations and seemed genuinely happy with the products they were selling. I’d admit it is not difficult being excited about MJ, seeing as its packaging draws women to the brand like butterflies to blossoms!

The price list so far:

• Eye Shadow Customize $9.90
  • Jewelling Eyeliner Pencil $14.50
  • Automatic Neo Liner $20.90
  • Brow Customize Holder $7.10
  • Brow Customize Sword Cut/Super Slim/Powder $9.10
  • Majolook Trick On $24.50
  • Honey Pump Gloss $9.90
  • Rouge Majex Lipgloss $17.50
  • Cheek Customize Blush $14.50

Look out for more MJ posts I intend to make another trip there this weekend! ;)

Posted in: japanese brands | majolica majorca | makeup merry | watsons

14 Responses to Majolica Majorca in Singapore at last!

1. Chev
    October 25, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Woo! My lemmings induced!

October 28, 2008 at 12:32 pm

What will you buy/have you bought, Chev?! ;)

3. Chev
    October 28, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Definately the powder foundation cos my friend bought me the case but no powder?!

Sarsh says she is waiting for the new mascara so I will prolly wait and see that too:)

You?

October 28, 2008 at 7:09 pm

Hey Chev! :)

LOL, why? Did she forget to or did she not know?! *blur~!* The case is lovely.

I heard that the new Lash Wing mascara will be available in December. Let me know what you think of it. I have too many unopened mascaras (including several ones from JP brands) to justify buying yet another one!

I bought two glosses (shocking for me because I haven’t bought glosses in AGES) and some e/s. ;)

5. Chev
    October 28, 2008 at 7:15 pm

Cos she say she duno what is my color so din buy for me. I was like: doi, you think I can get the brand here meh….

LOL! That is if I buy cos I am going to impose a No-buy for myself already. Too much makeup!

But Sarsh will def buy;P

October 28, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Hahaha! Well then, aren’t you glad you’ve been blessed with a counter here, then? ;)

No-Buy sounds brave. :D

7. Chev
    October 28, 2008 at 7:19 pm

Definately heng lor. Else I only can see the compact but cannot use.

Very brave hor. Duno when can activate the No-buy kekeke;P

October 28, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Not true, not true – I’ve read that other Shiseido powder foundation refills fit into the same case! ;)

9. Chev
    October 28, 2008 at 8:18 pm

Alamak but now since the brand already here, then give it a try lo;P

10. Anonymous
    November 3, 2008 at 3:33 pm

if gorgeous wing is the new mascara you are talking about, you might like it. i like it on my lower lashes. i have not tried the other mascaras except gorgeous wing. i would buy it if i’m in HK or japan but won’t pay the inflated price here. i still prefer maybelline because it is cheaper.

November 3, 2008 at 7:05 pm

Hi Anon,

Thanks for your feedback. :) I look forward to trying this soon! I have too many unopened mascaras (I love the Fasio ones!) at the moment but it’s good to know that an excellent one will be readily available here!

12. Anonymous
    December 2, 2008 at 3:52 pm

alo,
    fyi, Majolica is also in Watsons, Northpoint, Yishun too. heard not jus the high-end Shiseido, ZA powder fits into the case too. :D

earlynn

December 4, 2008 at 12:57 am

Hi Earlynn,

I’ve updated the location of the MJ counters here:

I didn’t know Za powder could fit into the MJ case. Thanks for the info! :)