I experimented with the colours in this palette over the last two days and love how they are beautiful as either soft or heavy smokes, depending on the base used. I wore it yesterday and used every colour but the plum. This eye lasted the entire day but there’s a caveat: the blue stains, so a base is highly recommended as a barrier between colour and skin.
- Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color in 20 Ballet Pink from lash to brow
- Shiseido Hydro Powder Eye Shadow in Aqua Shimmer on the mobile lid
- The blue in Darkness over Aqua Shimmer
- The moss in Darkness on the socket indent, blending into the blue
- The gunmetal in Darkness on the inner socket/corner, blending into the moss and blue
- Gosh Velvet Touch Waterproof Eye Liner in Black Ink and MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline to line, layered with the charcoal in Darkness; smoking out the charcoal
- Kanebo T’estimo Color Eyes N in WT-08 from socket to brow, blending out the other colours
- WT-08 and the gunmetal in the inner lower lashline/rim
I admit that blues and greens are relatively easy to work with, even as smokes. I look forward to trying more unusual combinations with this palette; the plum + the blue and the gunmetal + the moss, perhaps. The only thing lacking in this quint for a complete smokey eye is a base shade. That aside, this is a marvellous palette for versatile smokes!
Posted in: eotds | pop beauty