Palette’s Sweet Street Mugs

September 14, 2009

Palette's Sweet Street

Relatively new to the San-X stable of cute character themes, Palette’s Sweet Street centres on an intrepid black cat which traipses a street replete with colourful goodness.  Among other lovely things, it comes across delectable-looking confectionery and pretty beauty accessories on its ambulatory adventures.

I’m not sure about this but ‘Palette’ may be the name of the feline that explores the sweet street. It sometimes dons a pink ribbon and a blue one at other times. (Or perhaps there’re two cats? I really don’t know. :P)

Palette's Sweet Street Pink Mug

Pink Palette's Sweet Street Mug

The Palette’s Sweet Street ceramic mugs portray some of the cat’s jaunts on the street. Perfect vessels for beauty tools (combs, makeup brushes, lash curlers and the like) and cylindrical beauty items (perfume vials, eyeliners, mascaras, lipglosses and so on), these sturdy mugs are not only functional, their charming graphics also make them beautiful counter-top accessories. I particularly like the delicate box of macaroons and the delightful cupcakes. :)

Palette's Sweet Street Blue Mug

Blue Palette's Sweet Street Mug

I’m more inclined to the adorable whimsy of this San-X theme than the overt cuteness of its other characters such as Rilakkuma, so the pink mug was an instant purchase for me when I saw it at Kinokuniya. I later bought the blue one as a birthday gift for someone very dear to me. She told me she liked it so much that she couldn’t bear to use it! ;)

Image source: San-X

Posted in: beauty accessories | makeup storage

11 Responses to Palette’s Sweet Street Mugs

1. September 14, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Wahahaha…me got two files based on the same designs! One pink and one blue. Got it from the stationary shop at Funan. Very cute!

September 14, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Hey Sesame,

Thanks for letting me know about this! ;)

2. September 14, 2009 at 10:59 pm

i dont think i noticed this before , but its such a cute cute collection!
    i used to buy san-x when i was younger but now veered towards Decole and Swimmer products

though i think i will have to check this out
    thanks!!!

September 15, 2009 at 12:00 am

Hello Yume,

San-X is such a fun brand; I love Nyan Nyan Nyanko a lot but I think they’ve discontinued it. :( Thanks for telling me about Decole and Swimmer; I’m going to find out more about these brands now because you have very good taste. ;)

3. Katie
    September 14, 2009 at 11:46 pm

LOVE!! Those are absolutely adorable!

September 15, 2009 at 12:01 am

They so are, K! I love everything about this San-X release.

4. Sugarcrumb
    September 16, 2009 at 3:01 pm

oooh! so cute – where can i get the stationary and mugs pls? at Kino in Ngee Ann City?

September 16, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Hello Sugarcrumb,

You can try to find them at Kinokuniya (NAC or Liang Court) or at NBC stationery shops – there’s one at the basement of Raffles City (opposite Skinfood) and there’s also one at Bugis Junction, if I remember correctly. :)