I wanted to prove that this eyeshadow quint could go darker, so I modified my earlier eye with the same palette. I was quite pleased with the smokey eye that resulted. A nice change from the usual greys and blacks, it carried tones of blue, pewter and a touch of violet, as well as reflective green.
1. I Nuovi Eyebase from lash to brow.
2. The white cream shadow over the eye base.
3. A dark grey Shiseido Integrate fat pencil on the lid.
4. The grey cream shadow on the lid.
5. The violet on the lid, over the two greys.
6. A little of the taupe to gently contour the socket area.
7. The pale gold from socket to brow, very lightly.
8. The white to highlight the brow bone.
10. A black pencil to line the upper and lower lash lines.
11. The grey cream shadow over the pencil lines.
12. A little violet over the lower lash line to bring out the green flashes.
13. The grey + white on the centre of the lid, to pop the eye look with their iridescence.
14. Maquillage Eyebrow Color Wax on the brows. Here, you can see its almost-metallic appearance, as I intensified it a little more than usual. (Excuse the stray/lengthy hairs :P)
15. Majolica Majorca mascaras (Lash Expander Neo aka Lash Beautifying Mascara and Lash Gorgeous Wing) on the lashes.
Overall, I was pleased that I could take the same colours from day to night with the mere addition of a darker base (in this case, the grey pencil from Shiseido Integrate). This is possible, of course, because of the blendability and buildable nature of the grey cream shadow, as well as the soft and velvety texture of the violet which lends an evenness to the lid. For a smokier appearance, a black or navy pencil will further intensify the look. ;)