Determined to pare down my stash this year and practise some form of makeup austerity, I told myself I’d refrain from any MAC Peacocky purchases. Such an ambitious resolution is bound for failure, as you might suspect. In the words of Javen, my MAC MA at Tangs Orchard: “Oh, please!” (with a fair bit of eye-rolling). :P
Indeed, makeup revel will not be eclipsed by phliffy resolutions, so I emerged from the counter with five Mega Metal Eye Shadows and three Kissable Lipcolours.
- Mega Metal Eye Shadow in Dandizette – A greyed blue that makes an easy-peasy smokey eye.
- Mega Metal Eye Shadow in Ego – This forest green is the powder version of MAC Metal-X Cream Shadow in 6th Sin which I use often.
- Mega Metal Eye Shadow in Noir Plum – A velvety cool-toned purple that I’ve been wanting for a long time (it swatches so much better than MAC Eye Shadow in Parfait Amour, another blued purple).
- Mega Metal Eye Shadow in Peek at You – This reminds me of MAC Quicktone Tan, only cooler in tone. I foresee myself hitting pan on this.
- Mega Metal Eye Shadow in Unflappable – A pewter I cannot resist!
As a whole, this new MAC formula swatches very well – there is a smoothness which translates into colour blendability. These shadows also lay down colour evenly and layer over other shadows easily.
- Kissable Lipcolour in Peacocky – A gorgeous opaque blue that will instantly cool/neutralise warmer tones, while the red pearl adds interest to the hue. I’m planning to keep this in my kit but I might just get another one for my personal use.
- Kissable Lipcolour in Flaunting It – A greyed mauve that suits me perfectly!
- Kissable Lipcolour in Woo Me – A pinky nude that will be versatile with many eye looks.
These pigmented lip hues deliver colour in an instant and seem to strike a happy balance between the creaminess of a lipstick and the reflective finish of a lipgloss. I love their shine and rich tones.