Besides the February 2012 Bella Box, I also received this month’s Vanity Trove offering.
Along with a couple of skincare vouchers, it contains:
- OPI Nicki Minaj Nail Polish Mini in Save Me
- OPI Nicki Minaj Nail Polish Mini in Did It On ‘Em
- Filthy Farmgirl Handmade Soap in Cheeky Ginger Citrus
- Mekhalaliving Shampoo in Black Rice (30 ml)
- Mekhalaliving Conditioner in Black Rice (30 ml)
- Skin Inc Eye Mask
- A sample of Allerines Premium Tea in Counting Sheep
- Earrings from RinsieRose
The presentation of the contents is one of Vanity Trove’s strengths and I can see how it would delight a customer. This month, the products nestle amongst dried flower petals generously strewn within the beauty box to give it a personal touch.
Everything seems pretty nice – I like that there are two deluxe-sized OPI polishes (plus they’re from a fairly new collection) and that there’s a deluxe-sized bar of Filthy Farmgirl soap. Unfortunately, the scent of the bar – a heady mix of pink grapefruit, sweet orange and Italian lemon – is overwhelming for me, though I like citrus scents. The eye mask looks good with its sturdy packaging and I’m looking forward to trying the Black Rice poo and dish. The earring selection isn’t me at all but happily, subscribers are allowed to arrange for an exchange on the e-tailer’s website.
I must say this month’s Vanity Trove is more promising than that of December 2011. I suppose this just exemplifies the tikam-tikam* nature of such subscription boxes!
* Literally ‘guess-guess’ but the phrase can be taken to mean ‘random’.
Posted in: makeup mail | vanity trove