Canmake Cream Cheek in 09 Pinky Rose

January 11, 2011

Thanks to Iris, I found out that Canmake has released another cream blush! A limited edition addition to the brand’s Cream Cheek range, 09 Pinky Rose (S$15.90 at Watsons) is a sweet dolly-pink that will work with many of my powder blushes. I like that it has no glittery bits like the pretty but overtly-shimmery 03 Strawberry Whip.

Canmake does pinks very well (I own three of the pinks featured above), so this will be a great addition to my stash! :)

Image source: Canmake

Posted in: canmake | cream blushes | japanese brands

21 Responses to Canmake Cream Cheek in 09 Pinky Rose

1. JS
    January 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm

It’s great to hear that the cream blush does not have the silver glitter bits! I have one but with the glitter…

January 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Hi JS,

I think the one you have is probably Strawberry Whip. Get this one too! :)

2. karenteo
    January 11, 2011 at 1:20 pm

the picture shows that the blush can be used for undereye?

January 11, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Hi Karen,

Seems like it…to add that healthy anime girl glow? :P I’ll ask Iris about this! :D

3. TheUndercoverGypsy
    January 11, 2011 at 4:52 pm

That’s such a pretty colour! Your earlier posts on the Canmake products actually prompted me to take a second look at this brand, and I’ve been buying the cheek colours (both the powders and the creams) in bulk :D

Thanks for the rec, Mag – it’s so easy to miss the LE stuff of the drugstore brands.

January 11, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Hi TUG,

Cool! I really like many of Canmake blush products. And you have Iris to thank for this post, really – if she hadn’t told me about it, I mightn’t have noticed the blush! :D (I actually found it in an obscure corner on the Canmake display at Watsons Junction 8).

4. stella
    January 11, 2011 at 5:33 pm

i don’t buy makeup all that much or on impulse but i grabbed that canmake bright pink cream blush when i tested it and saw that it has NO glittery bits! i love this cream blush range, and you’re right–canmakes do better pinks than peaches; i’ve both and i say pinks over oranges for this brand!

January 11, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Hi Stella,

I love that it isn’t glittery too! Enjoy your new blush. :)

January 11, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Karen, here’s Iris’s reply via Twitter:

“It’s not really the under eye, but the top of the apples of the cheeks for a kawaii look…It says to dot on and then blend by connecting the dots and layer for your preferred intensity.”

Hope this helps!

6. January 12, 2011 at 12:23 am

Hello Mag :D

Now see what you’ve done, my lemmings for the blush are intensified 1000x with your post! NO GLITTER YOU SAY? Awesome I’m gonna get my hands on 2 of these. The 01 / 03 / 08 that I have all sport a minuscule amount of glitter in them and I resorted to putting them on before my LP to minimize the glitterness.

The Watsons sale will end tmr thus I’m gonna get 05 as well, very nice coral color heh!

January 12, 2011 at 1:05 am

Hi Jolyn!

Yes – no shimmer at all! It’s a soft, buildable sweet pink. :) There’s no discount on this product but apparently it’s S$2 off S$17.90, making it S$15.90, the original price of the earlier ones.

7. Jeanie
    January 16, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I got it at $12+ at johnlittle… got 10% + 20% off.. a great buy definitely. I been to most watson and 09 is out of stock.

January 20, 2011 at 10:50 am

Hi Jeanie,

That’s a very good deal! Thank you for sharing. :)

8. jenlee
    February 9, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Check out at Watson Esplande Station, they may have Cream Cheek 09.

February 9, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Hi Jenlee,

Thanks for the update. I also saw one at the Watsons at Parkway Parade. ;)

9. Kas
    February 10, 2011 at 2:11 am

I keep swatching the other ones – the “quilted” looking powder blushes from Canmake THANKS TO YOU – cos I’ve seen you use them! :D I was looking for the highlighter version of these Cream Cheeks but haven’t been able to get my hands on one yet :(

February 14, 2011 at 11:11 am

Hi Kas,

Look for it at obscure Watsons stores. I saw it at the small one near Braddell MRT station.

10. jenlee
    February 16, 2011 at 10:49 am

Try at Watsons Taka or John Little Stores, you will be able to find the Cream Highlighter.

11. jenlee
    February 19, 2011 at 1:40 am

Now, 17 Feb 2011 till 21 Feb 2011(?) John Little having great sales again 20% discount storewide + addtional discount up to 20% off. good time to buy all fave makeup

12. jenlee
    April 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Now Cream Cheeks nos.10 is available at selected store. Nice color!

April 26, 2011 at 12:18 am

Hi Jenlee,

Thanks for the news! I’ll look out for it in the stores. :)