The first time I ever saw the product visual of Lunasol Pure Petal Eyes in EX01 Fresh Pink, I was very much taken with it. Part of the brand’s Summer 2012 collection, this eyeshadow palette features a pink/brown combination whose depth called out to me. As such, I eagerly anticipated its launch here.
I finally saw it last week but was left very much disappointed because the real thing is far from the stock visual – the actual palette is predominantly pastel in tone and as not rich as in the collection visual. It’s also paler than what’s shown above.
I couldn’t stop thinking about the depth of colour in the photo, so I decided to raid my stash to recreate those hues. I ended up re-discovering my Dual Carat eyeshadows from Kate (also by Lunasol’s parent company, Kanebo!).
Top to bottom, left to right: BR-3, RD-1, BR-1 and BR-2
These are old but I’ve no qualms about using them as I keep my shadows in excellent condition. They do kick up quite a fair bit of powder, so the compacts aren’t as pristine as I’d like them to be. I actually had two sets of this collection, so in love I was with these sparkly lovelies, thanks to my makeup fairy Iris. ;)
With a little blending and mixing, I managed to recreate the shades that I’d fallen in love with.
Ironically, I went with a fairly tame look, despite the strength of colour I’d reproduced. I liked it, nonetheless and thought it was a refreshing change from my usual smokes.
On the eyes were:
- Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Flax – I purchased this when the brand first launched here and have used it consistently since then. I absolutely love its smoothness and how it keeps my shadows fresh.
- Kate Dual Carat Eyes in BR-3, RD-1, BR-1 and BR-2 – These shadow duos are true gems in the multi-dimensional way that they sparkle.
For the rest of the day’s look I’d used:
- Shiseido Perfect UV Protector SPF50+ PA+++ – I like how this applies evenly and has an-almost moisturising sensation despite being water-resistant.
- Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation in 110 Honey – The smooth and comfortable feel of this foundation, together with its soothing cucumber/melon scent, make this a winning base product for me.
- Clarins Concealer Stick in 04 Deep Beige – The salmon tone reduces the appearance of tired circles.
- Clarins Instant Light Brush-On Perfector in 00 Light Beige – This brightens the undereye area and works wonderfully as a base for eyeshadow bases.
- Heroine Make Eyelash Curler – This curler curls adequately and doesn’t pinch my skin but it tugs at my lashes, causing pain at their roots (ouch!). Strangely, it works very well post-mascara – it doesn’t pull and curls firmly without much stress on the lashes. Perhaps mascara buffers the tension on the lash follicles?
- L’Oréal Lash Architect 4D Mascara – I like that this lengthening mascara is smudge-proof, yet can be easily removed.
I later added a little more of the reddened fuchsia to the corner of the eyes, blending inwards. I like the accent of the deeper tone and how it gives my flat eyes some dimension. :)
Image souce: Lunasol
Posted in: eotds | lunasol